The World of Magnet Wires
Tradition and change are hallmarks of the company SHWire, Schwering & Hasse Elektrodraht GmbH. Founded in 1858 as a cigar manufacturer, the company took up parallel production of enameled copper wire at the end of the Second World War. For the 5th generation owner-managed family enterprise, change means letting go of traditional business segments such as the manufacturing of tobacco goods, when there are no more opportunities. Through the parallel buildup of two lines of business, however, the company was able to successfully shape this transformation process.
For this reason, manufacturing continues to be done exclusively at the production plant in Lügde, which has been repeatedly fortified throughout the years through acquisitions and integration of competitors, along with investments in the tens of millions. This also involves the topic of digitalization, which is being promoted in alignment with the reference structure of “Industry 4.0”.
- over 50,000 tons of production capacity
- 50,000,000 produced kilometers per year
- largest and most modern single location in Europe
- 100% data traceability
- centralized production, monitoring and control system
- patented SH quality monitoring far above the industry standard
- comprehensive laboratory and development capacities
- partner in the top cluster Industry 4.0